There are many hiking pants for men on the market, but not every pair is created equal. Whether you’re looking to purchase your first pair of hiking pants or replace an old favorite, it can be difficult to find a good quality pair that fits all your needs. These are the must-haves in hiking pant for men. A hiking pants should give you the much-needed flexibility to move freely. In this regard, stretchy hiking pants are very popular with most hikers!
Additionally, they have an elastic waistband, which allows for a stretch when you bend or squat down. Hiking pants for men should be water-resistant with a durable fabric to withstand rugged terrain and weather conditions. They should also have pockets on them for storing essentials for hiking and navigating your way. Finally, men’s hiking pants are made to provide the protection and comfort needed for a long hike.
Table of Contents
6 Best Hiking Pants for Men
Luckily, we have compiled a list of our picks for the best hiking pants for men in this post, “6 Best Hiking Pants for Men.”
Any of these six will allow you to move through the trails with utmost comfort and ease and help you to remain cool in warm weather, and give you the much-needed warmth when hiking in cold weather. Let us know if you agree!
We begin our “6 Best Hiking Pants for Men” list with the CQR Men’s Tactical Pants. These hiking pants are made of a strong combination of polyester and cotton Ripstop material to ensure they last!
This fabric can repel liquids, dirt, and other contaminants. They also come with a high-density metal alloy button and zipper and a durable mounted stopper that will not break easily. There are numerous cargo pockets that the CQR Men’s Tactical Pants have.
It looks good for a long time since they are resistant to fading, shrinking, and wrinkling!
- Keep the pants looking clean by just brushing off the dirt
- You can wear them for up to a week, and they will not smell
- The pockets can hold a lot of items
- The pants have tight stitching and well made
- These pants are great at blocking the cold winds
- There is no option to go with slimmer boots
- The pants do not stretch to allow free movements
- the pants lack enough crotch room and may cause discomfort
This is another set of good hiking pants in our “6 Best Hiking Pants for Men” list! They are made of 100% nylon fabric to offer maximum protection from harmful UVA and UVA rays.
In addition, this fabric will repel moisture to ensure that you remain dry for longer. The Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pants are highly breathable, thus remaining cool and not sweating! These pants have a partial elastic waist and zip-off legs that will guarantee you maximum comfort due to a perfect fit!
They have a zip-closure security pocket, side pockets with hook and loop closure, and mesh pocket bags in which you can store essential items.
- It will only take a couple of hours out on a line to dry
- They are warm and are great at blocking the wind
- They effectively wick the moisture in hot weather
- Sizing may be an issue as your “build” greatly determines how comfortable it fits
- They have a narrow, tapered thigh section that makes movements and climbing difficult
- The pockets, especially the front ones, are a bit shallow
The Survival Tactical Gear Men’s Ripstop Pants is in the “6 Best Hiking Pants for Men” list because of its durable NYCO Ripstop fabric.
They also have a double layer on the rear and knee regions to minimize the chances for wear and tear. Two-way side pockets have a strong zipper closure and give you enough room to store essentials.
In addition, the Survival Tactical Gear Men’s Ripstop Pants have an in-built Velcro strap system at the waist to allow for size adjustments until they fit well.
- The pockets have loops you can use to hold some of your gear and tools
- There is the padding on the rear and knees for added protection
- They have ankle ties that you can use to tuck them in your boots
- You have to go one size up to get a more comfortable fit
- They need a few washes to achieve a great “feel.”
- Mobility is a bit restricted
These hiking pants are made of polyester and spandex and are lightweight and very breathable. The TACVASEN Men’s Quick Dry Hiking Pants fit well due to its elastic waist.
In addition, the safety of your items is guaranteed due to 2 zipper Slant pockets. They have an impressive quick-drying and water-resistant capabilities and are quite stylish.
These hiking pants are also very versatile and can be used for daily wear, cycling, fishing camping and other outdoor activities.
- It gives high mobility and flexible movements
- You do not “sweat through” the pants
- The spandex material on the knee makes squatting easy
- They offer zero protection against prickly bushes
- They are too thin for cold weather
- The metal hook closure clasp at the top of the fly causes a bit of discomfort
The BASUDAM Men’s Cargo Hiking Pants are made of 90% nylon and 10% spandex and they have a high level of breathability.
They are conveniently lightweight and stretchy due to the 4-way stretch fabric which is good for hiking. The BASUDAM Men’s Cargo Hiking Pants come with six pockets to hold all your essentials.
The fit of these pants is possible with an elastic and adjustable waist to give you a comfortable fit!
- The fit and quality is top-notch
- The pants are stretchy and allow flexible movements
- They are very breathable
- The pockets are too low and at almost knee level
- The hook clasps are not as great as you may wish
- They can succumb during extremely vigorous activities such as climbing
Our last but not least, “6 Best Hiking Pants for Men,” comes in two types that will allow you to remain cool in hot weather and warm in cold temperatures during your hike.
The first is the 105 thin pants with quick-drying capabilities, which are lightweight and breathable, while the other is the 108 thick pants with a soft fleece lining to keep you warm in cold weather! Both are made of 95.3% polyester 4.7% spandex that gives them their breathable qualities.
The YAWHO Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pants have 6 durable pockets comprising 2 Zip Pocket, 2 Hand, and 2 Back Pockets in which you can store your valuable items during your hike.
These pants are wind resistant, quick-drying and will prevent water from penetrating them even in rainy weather.
- The pants wash well without shrinking or fading
- It has high-quality stitching
- You will not get hot in them during the hot summer weather
- You can stay warm in them during cold weather
- You need to go a size up for a better fit
- They will sag if you put more than a few items in the pockets
- The material may be a bit itchy for most people